This article is about Coronavirus Pandemic the group of viruses for the ongoing disease involved in the COVID-19 pandemic. This article will also guide people in the war against this pandemic.
The name CORONA VIRUS derived from a Latin word CORONA (meaning crown). This name first coined by June Almeida and David Tyrell. They are the first who studied coronaviruses for the first time. Coronavirus was first discovered in the 1930s.
An infection of the domesticated chicken caused by infectious bronchitis virus was the reason for the discovery of coronavirus. The symptoms of the infected chickens are gasping and listlessness.
Their mortality rate was very high, unlike the coronavirus pandemic of these days. And six years later, this IBV (infectious bronchitis virus) successfully isolated. After that two more coronaviruses discovered and isolated, named Mouse hepatitis Virus and the Transmissible gastroenteritis virus.
Human coronaviruses discovered in the 1960s. The virus was not able to cultivate using standard techniques that had successfully cultivated rhinoviruses, adenoviruses, and other known cold viruses.
In 1960 it was first isolated from a boy and they named it B814. After that, there are several discoveries of human coronaviruses like 229E, OC43 in due course of time. And the famous coronaviruses are SARS-CoV, HCoV NL63, HCoV-HKU1, MERS-CoV-2, and our famous novel corona-virus.
Transmission virus occurs through bodily contact mainly. corona-virus are also transmitted through body fluids. Moreover they can remain viable without any host for a very short period.
So, social distancing might be a weapon that we can use against this corona-virus pandemic unless and until there is a cure or vaccine. If a person sneezes, they release microdroplets in the air.
So, when any patient with COVID-19 positive sneezes they release droplets laden with coronavirus, and these droplets get inhaled or somehow enters the healthy human body it can infect the person.
Things you should do
- Avoid gathering
- Social distancing
- Drink sufficient water
- Drink warm water frequently
- Wear mask
- Wash your hand with soap or sanitizer
- Wash groceries before taking inside of the house
- Eat sufficient fruits and green veggies
- Do some good exercises
- Check body temperature if you feel unwell then consult with doctors over phone or online
- Especially use gloves when going to market places
- Some productive works when you are with your family.
Things you should not do
- Going on a trip
- Drinking cold drinks of eating ice creams
- Rushing to hospitals before checking any of the symptoms (otherwise there will be a crowd in hospital area which will again be the breeding ground for the COVID-19)
- Don’t public transport
Stay home and stay safe. penned- Debojit Dey